October is American Humane’s annual Adopt-a-Dog Month, dedicated to the millions of animals waiting in shelters for someone to give them a safe, loving home. If you’ve been considering adding a four-legged family member, October is the perfect time! Check out these adoption centers near our new home communities in Anne Arundel County.
1815 Bay Ridge Ave. | Annapolis, MD 21403
The SPCA of Anne Arundel County is the largest and oldest animal welfare organization in Anne Arundel County, where animals are provided with care for as long as it takes to find them the new home they deserve.
See all the adoptable dogs, including Scarlett Sophie, here.
411 Maxwell Frye Road | Millersville, MD 21108
Every year, AA County’s Animal Control Shelter matches up thousands of homeless animals with a loving family. They also partner with Pets for Patriots, a nonprofit organization that creates unique opportunities for members of the military community to save a life by honorably adopting homeless adult dogs and cats.
See all adoptable pets, including Lily, here.
3200 Ivy Way | Harwood, MD 20776
Rude Ranch is a cage-less animal sanctuary, dedicated to providing care and finding homes for abused, abandoned and special needs animals, as well as providing low cost spay and neuter services.
When you’re ready to bring your furry family member home to your Koch Homes community, you’ll find plenty of open, green space for your new pet to explore!
- Visit Pondview’s community dog park, where there’s plenty of room to run around and play
- Gibson’s Grant has more than 2 miles of walking trails, perfect for taking your pup on a stroll to explore the landscape of the Eastern Shore
- In Blue Heron Estates you’ll never need to leave your yard, with large lots featuring about an acre of space (and a total of 30 acres of wooded community-owned open space)
- Harvest Ridge has a large “Neighborhood Green Area” for whole community to enjoy, where you can bring your dog to meet its new neighbors. Be sure to be a good neighbor yourself and pick up after your dog!
- At Timber Creek, lawn maintenance (and snow removal) is included, so all you have to worry about is bonding with your new family member!
This month, and all year long, we’re proud to support local animal shelters and we encourage everyone to “Adopt, Don’t Shop!”